Tuesday, July 10, 2007

as if we weren't nervous enough

Check out the BbWorld playlist where 5 key players recommend their 5 favourite sessions.
http://blackboard.com/company/events/BbWorld07/Playlist.htm

Mike Simmonds from Texas Women's University is looking forward to the "toughest staff development session you'll ever run...." session based on the Uni Exec engagement and Volker Kleinschmidt (yes, Mary, that is exactly who I said) is looking forward to the "Whose portal is it anyway?" session.....gulp!

For those of you not scared by this, just to let you know that usually when we attend Bb events without Mary, she asks us to got to sessions by Volker (possibly as a punishment) and write down everything that he says, not expect to understand any of it, just write it down. I suddenly feel the need to lie down but the Freakonomics keynote beckons.

9 comments:

smodge said...

If our Richard can face a very public grilling by rony robinson (a ronyrilling - if you will ) and the general public on Radio Sheffield, I'm sure you'll do just fine :)
(although Richard did get called a boffin - ha ha ha)

Richard Mather said...

mouth shut helen! when was your last appearance on a live broadcast?????(And no, I don't think mouthing the word **** on the Jarvis South Bank show counts.... ) AND they've asked me to go back!!

although thanks for the veiled praise

(Yes, this is my first post, been a bit busy/agitated/nervous/tired so far this week)

smodge said...

.. I was just saying ..

(melvyn was very impressed with me actually, and he wants to do a 2 hour special just about me!)

(obviously that's a lie.)

Anonymous said...

admodger: to admonish helen.

Brian said...

Look at Juliun jumping into the game!

gs said...

celebrivation: celebrity + innovation = a member of academic innovation who becomes an overnight hit on the celebrity circuit. as in "oooo, did you hear richard's star turn on radio sheffield today? there's a wave of celebrivationism sweeping through the lti, what with helen's tasteful appearance on the south bank show..."

Abbi said...

What was the Freakonomics keynote like? I'm reading the book at the moment and it's a bit of a let down but I've heard he's a very good speaker.

Louise said...

more points and more stuff.....
1 for Helen, 1 for Juliun (I fear Brian may be threatened by you presence Juliun) and, of course, 1 more for Liz.

will post on Freakonomics and other first day fun seperately Abbi - in an attempt to try to make this blog a bit more about the conference and a bit less about our increasingly obvious sanity issues.

Abbi said...

Volkonfusion = Volker + confusion. I feel Volkonfused and I've never been to one of his sessions.

This is also an example of a Shamedropmanteau (Shameless name-dropping + portmanteau)...I can feel a new category of entries coming on now.